Southern Italian Abruzzese Pizza
total time30 minutes
serves6 - 8
- 1 (16-oz.) pkg. Carando® Abruzzese Italian Style Meatballs
- ¾ cup tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons prepared basil pesto
- 2 (12-inch) thin prebaked pizza crusts
- 1 (15-oz.) can artichoke hearts, chopped and well drained
- 3 cups (12 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 14 large fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
1. Heat oven to 425° F. Crumble meatballs and cook until well browned; drain.
2. Combine tomato sauce and pesto in small bowl; mix well. Spread half onto each pizza crust. Sprinkle 1 cup mozzarella over each crust; top with half the sausage and artichoke hearts.
3. Top each pizza with remaining ½ cup mozzarella and ½ cup Parmesan. Sprinkle each with basil leaves. Cook pizzas directly on oven rack until crusts are browned and cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.