Sicilian Sausage & Artichoke Frittata
total time35 minutes
- 1/2 lb. Carando® Toscano Ground Sausage
- 1 (14-oz.) can artichoke hearts, well drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 dozen eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup half & half
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 large fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
1. Heat oven to 350° F. Using a 12-inch ovenproof skillet with 2 inch sides, crumble and brown sausage over medium-high heat. Add artichokes and peppers; sauté until artichokes have started to brown. Reduce heat to medium.
2. Whisk together eggs and half & half; stir in cheese and pepper. Pour egg mixture into skillet. Cook until set on bottom and sides, lifting edges every minute to let eggs run into bottom, 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Once eggs are set, place skillet in oven and bake at 350° F. for about 10 minutes until knife inserted halfway to center comes out clean.