Salami Mozzarella Crostinis with Italian Herbs
total time20 minutes
- 24 slices Carando® Salami
- 1 baguette, cut into 24 thin slices
- 1 ¼ lbs. fresh mozzarella cheese
- 4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh herb leaves such as thyme or oregano
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- yellow peppers, roasted, for garnish
- green olives, for garnish
1. Preheat over to 425° F.
2. Cut baguette diagonally into ? in. slices and place on baking sheet. Bake in oven until golden brown (about 6 to 8 minutes).
3. Drain mozzarella, pat dry and cut into ¼ in. thick slices. Layer mozzarella on toast, trim to fit. Drizzle olive oil over cheese and sprinkle with herbs, salt and pepper to taste.
4. Top each crostini with 1 slice of salami. Garnish with peppers and olives as desired.