Italian Sausage with Zucchini Noodles and Summer Vegetables
total time45 minutes
- 1 (14-oz.) pkg. Carando® Spicy Sicilian Italian Sausage Links
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 medium zucchini squash, spiralized with blade into noodles
1. Cook sausage in 2 tablespoons hot oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until browned on all sides, about 12 minutes. Remove from skillet; set aside.
2. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to same skillet and sauté onion until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce, chicken broth, garlic and oregano; cook for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Return sausage to skillet along with tomatoes. Cover and simmer until internal temperature of sausage reaches at least 165°F., about 10 minutes.
4. Remove cover and simmer until sauce has reduced to desired consistency. Stir in parsley.
5. Place zucchini noodles in large serving bowl; top with Italian sausage and sauce. Toss thoroughly until noodles begin to wilt and are fully incorporated.