Sugar-Glazed Spiral Ham
total time3 hours
- 1 Carando® Spiral Half Ham
- Prepared glaze (recipes below)
1. Heat oven to 275° F.
2. Remove all packaging from the ham and place in shallow roasting pan face side down, then cover with aluminum foil.
3. Bake at 275° F for approximately 15 minutes per pound (do not overcook).
4. Remove ham from oven, then adjust oven temperature to 425° F.
5. Cover ham with prepared glaze.
6. Place ham back into oven and bake uncovered at 425° F for 8 to 10 minutes.
7. Remove ham from oven and cover with aluminum foil again. Let ham rest for 20 to 30 minutes before serving.
Sweet Curry-Orange Glaze. Combine 2/3 cup light corn syrup, 1 tbsp. curry powder and 1 tbsp. grated orange peel; mix until smooth.
Apricot Glaze. Combine 1 cup apricot preserves, ¼ cup orange marmalade, 2 tbsp. orange juice, ½ tsp. ground cinnamon and ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg; mix until smooth.