Fettucine Alfredo with Meatballs
total time45 minutes
- 1 (16-oz.) pkg. Carando® Abruzzese Italian Meatballs
- 1 lb. broccoli rabe, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 (16-oz.) pkg. fettuccine pasta
- ½ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- ¾ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shredded Pecorino Romano cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Cook meatballs according to package instructions.
2. Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Add broccoli rabe and cook until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Transfer broccoli rabe to bowl of ice water; once cooled, drain and set aside. Add pasta to the pot of boiling water; cook al dente.
3. Melt butter in 4-quart stockpot over medium-high heat. Sauté garlic in butter 1 minute.
4. Stir in cream; bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. Add cheese; stir until completely melted and sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Add meatballs and broccoli rabe to sauce. Drain pasta and toss with sauce.