Casarecce Pasta with Lemon Cream Sauce
total time40 minutes
- 1 (16-oz.) pkg. Carando® Toscano Ground Sausage
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale, stems removed and chopped
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cups half & half
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 (12-oz.) pkg. casarecce pasta, cooked according to package directions
1. Crumble and brown sausage over medium-high heat in large skillet. Add onion and garlic, sauté until onion is tender.
2. Add kale, lemon juice and lemon zest to skillet; stir-fry until kale is tender.
3. Slowly add half & half and cheese to skillet, stirring constantly until slightly thickened. Stir in capers.
4. Add pasta and toss to coat.