Classic Antipasto Platter
total time40 minutes
- 4 oz. sliced Carando® Genoa Salami
- 4 oz. sliced Carando® Hot or Sweet Capicola
- 4 oz. sliced Carando® Prosciutto
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella balls, drained or 1 8 oz. ball of mozzarella, sliced
- ¼ cup vinaigrette or Italian salad dressing
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh basil or Italian parsley
- ½ cup bottled roasted red and/or yellow bell peppers, rinsed and drained and cut into 1-inch chunks
- ½ cup artichoke hearts, marinated, drained and cut into halves
- 1 cup drained stuffed green or black olives
- Basil sprigs for garnish.
- Toasted sliced Italian or French bread baguette or sturdy flat crackers
1. Combine mozzarella cheese, dressing and basil in a small decorative bowl. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
2. Fold or roll deli meats to arrange attractively on a large serving platter.
3. Thoughtfully place bowl of cheese, peppers, artichokes and olives around the meats.
4. Garnish the platter with basil sprigs if desired.
5. Place the toast or crackers in a napkin-lined basket next to platter. Have frilly wooden picks or small forks available for guests to sample the antipasto.